Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Island light pendants balanced with rest of kitchen?

Posted by missgran (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 14, 10 at 10:57

Come to find out the island will not be centered in front of the range as I wished due to square footage constraints. I guess I am a little finicky on the balance of the whole picture. One wall will have the 36" range and the island with the sink and DW will directly in front of it but it will be offset a little due the the cabinets on the other side. The pendants will not be squared in front of the range visual. They will all be offside to the left. Does anyone have pitures of islands not square with the range and hood. I am afraid of looking at it head on and seeing the lopsideisness (sp)of it. Should I go with one big fixture, small ones that will not obscure or should I stay with my bell jar fixtures which I have my heart on...

Help Please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Island light pendants balanced with rest of kitchen?

Can you post a layout?

o

No they are putting in the cabs as we speak. The electrician is here also so there is a flurry of activity. Basically I thought the island would be more centered with the range, sink directly opposite but it is more offset.

o

I really can't visualize the room. The only thought that comes to mind is to add more lights and spread them out. That should even out the visual impact and provide even lighting. Your description makes me think there will be underlit areas otherwise.

o

Can you use track lighting and affix several small lights to it? The lights can rotate 360 degrees so you can point them to where you need the light. Then you won't actually have anything hanging down, so the off-center aspect of it may not bother you as much. Just an idea. They have some cool track lighting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here