Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Powder room lighting question - 2 sconces enough?

Posted by madtown_2006 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 23, 13 at 10:05

Hi all, I'm cross-posting from the Bathrooms forum in case anyone here can help me...thanks in advance :)

We are remodeling our small powder room (~ 3' x 6') and we would like to put two scones on the wall like this:

We are also doing a similar pedestal sink. Here are the sconces I really like, but they each take only one 60w B10 candelabra base bulb. Do you think that is enough lighting for a small powder room? Currently there is no ceiling fixture, just a fan. I could replace the fan with a fan/light combo, but I'd prefer not to do that unless necessary. Does anyone know if the 2 60W candelabra bulbs would be enough? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Powder room lighting question - 2 sconces enough?

Yes, that should be enough. 120 watts is more than enough. Guests won't be shaving or putting on make-up (except maybe lipstick). I'd even put them on dimmers. Mood is more important than brilliance in a powder room.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here