Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ambiance Lighting

Posted by javachik (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 7, 10 at 6:59

I think I've read EVERY posting that mentions Ambiance lighting by Seagull (low voltage xenon linear lights), but NONE of them are from people that actually HAVE that system installed. My electrical contractor has given me a quote to install it for under cabinet lighting. For 10 upper cabinets (17 feet) he is recommending 10 lights and will use a 150w transformer.

Anyone have experience with the Ambiance system? Does the lighting sound adequate? One bulb per cabinet doesn't sound like it will give full coverage. I expressed my concern but he swears it will work.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ambiance Lighting

Somewhere in this forum I posted detailed instructions for installing Juno mini-track lighting. It should be just the same as the Seagull lighting, the only difference is the Juno uses a track and Seagull I think uses a wire.

You might want to try a search on here for Juno Trac 12

o
RE: Ambiance Lighting

I think your electrician is wrong.
I would specify double the number of lamps for 17 feet.
Perhaps you should have the electrician install a more expensive 250 watt transformer, and if he's wrong you can add add more lamps.
I use 15-20 watts per foot for my indirect valence applicationsand I think you would require at least that level of output.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here