Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klondikekate_gw

Should this light fixture be so dark? Product link included

KlondikeKate
9 years ago

Hi everyone! My husband and I are almost finished building our new house. We live in an isolated location in Alaska so I did basically everything on the Internet (yikes). My son's room is quite dark--I'm going to paint constellations on the walls--so I chose a 7 light flush mount wanting to have as much light as possible. Boy did I miscalculate. I misread the type of light bulb it uses --or at least, I saw 40 watt and thought it meant incandescent candelabra bulbs like most of the fixtures I had been viewing. But in fact it is Xenon G9 T4. The fixture is rated for 3500 lumens. I thought that was a lot? We installed the bulbs that the fixture came with and it's a major fail.

This doesn't seem right at all! Who would make a beautiful flush mount so dull? Could they be cheap bulbs? Could it be a wiring thing? Or is this exactly what they are meant to do?

Any advice is much appreciated. I'm sure it's white clear this is my first time building a house and choosing lights and the whole way has been fraught with errors and learning curves!

http://www.wayfair.com/ET2-Shanon-7-Light-Flush-Mount-E21300-10PC-ETL4273.html

Comments (2)