Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor light lifetime guarantees??

Posted by luckyladyd (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 1, 10 at 23:40

Today I went to a reputable lighting store and the man seemed to be quite knowledgeable. He stated that Kichler-Rockbridge has a lifetime guarantee on their outdoor flushmount brass porch light and that Sea Gull (which I went there to see) doesn't and won't last. I can't find anything online about this guarantee and wonder if anyone else has their products and is familiar with it.

Also am shopping for wall sconce type outdoor lights for our deck and screened porch area and am considering Quoizel, but notice some huge variations in price for what appears to be very similar products; i.e. $63.00 vs. $412.00 for a one-bulb aged copper sconce. It isn't clear whether one is "real" copper and the other is just copper colored? Any insights? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor light lifetime guarantees??

$63 = not copper
$412 = may be copper, maybe not. Isn't there some information in the description about the metal?

I will watch this post for more comments, but if you want a copper fixture there are some specialty companies that offer exterior copper fixtures starting around the $400 range. Google: Copper Exterior Lighting Fixtures

o
RE: Outdoor light lifetime guarantees??

The high end seems to be "designer" fixtures with very high margin. The low end is usually mass-produced low quality Chinese imports. In between is a wide range of reasonably good products.

My rule for this, as with most things, is - you don't always get what you pay for, but you very seldom get what you DON'T pay for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here