Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Staircase lighting

Posted by alyson79 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 28, 11 at 20:58

I have a very traditional cape home and I'm looking for suggestions for a light at the top of the stairs and a sconce for the wall you face walking down the stairs. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Staircase lighting

I have an older Mediterranean home and I am going to replace a single wall sconce with a Tech Lighting monorail system on the ceiling. It will be a different look, which may not suit your needs. Given that the top of our stairwell is partly enclosed, the track will not be entirely visible. The heads will illuminate the walls and the stairs. And, I'll be able to place a large wall hanging right where the sconce is located currently. Also, with the monorail I could easily switch to pendants in future, which I like but they are too costly for me at the moment.

Our current sconce shines light directly at your face as you approach the stairs. At one point, when I was considering alternate sconces for this area, I saw that Kichler had some nice ones that project light from the top and the bottom.

o
RE: Staircase lighting

Should I try to coordinate the sconce on the staircase wall & light at the top of the steps... any suggestions for a nice set? I'm looking for something simple and traditional. thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here