Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help with lighting in Kitchen

Posted by calyle7 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 20:13

I am remodeling my kitchen and have literally no help with this....Except from this forum which I am so thankful for!
I have someone that is doing the demolition and some of the other work ...he will also be hanging the cabinets, but knows nothing about Where to put the lighting.
I have tried to download the kitchen dimensions and layout but no luck.
My kitchen is small the work area which is U shape is 9ft wide and the length is 10ft with an additional 5ft at the end with a small kitchen table. Right now I have a hanging light over the table..also think I will want one that will match the pendants I will get? There will be a very small snack bar between the kitchen and the den..I want a small pendant there. I also want a pendant over the sink.
My other lights is what I need to know What to get..How Many and Where do I put them?
I have a Rectangle Fluorescent Light in the middle of the U Shape...that I will get Rid of! Granted it puts out an abundance of light...but is so outdated..I want to replace it. I read awhile back on the forum where someone had suggested to someone else a Square LED light that would be sufficient for the entire kitchen space. Does anyone know about these and where do I look for them?
Second ..Do I need cam lights in this small space?
There will be a light under the microwave over the stove...would also like a cam light for that area?
Will have a pendant over sink...Do I need another light there?
I do want under cabinet lighting and when I get the glass in my corner cabinets I want light in those two.
If someone would help guide me and tell me what I need and where to find it...I would be so appreciative...thanks so much in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help with lighting in Kitchen

There's quite a bit of info on the LED recessed lighting discussion that deals with the spacing, location.

In addition, the link to UCL can also be found in the thread
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/lighting/msg010127153310.html?150

In addition there is a follow on discussion thread.

LED panel lights can be obtained from a number of resellers. More than one would be needed.
For example
http://nu-worlddistribution.com/index.php/products

Here is a link that might be useful: follow on discussion thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here