Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kylady7

Need Help with lighting in Kitchen

kylady7
10 years ago

I am remodeling my kitchen and have literally no help with this....Except from this forum which I am so thankful for!
I have someone that is doing the demolition and some of the other work ...he will also be hanging the cabinets, but knows nothing about Where to put the lighting.
I have tried to download the kitchen dimensions and layout but no luck.
My kitchen is small the work area which is U shape is 9ft wide and the length is 10ft with an additional 5ft at the end with a small kitchen table. Right now I have a hanging light over the table..also think I will want one that will match the pendants I will get? There will be a very small snack bar between the kitchen and the den..I want a small pendant there. I also want a pendant over the sink.
My other lights is what I need to know What to get..How Many and Where do I put them?
I have a Rectangle Fluorescent Light in the middle of the U Shape...that I will get Rid of! Granted it puts out an abundance of light...but is so outdated..I want to replace it. I read awhile back on the forum where someone had suggested to someone else a Square LED light that would be sufficient for the entire kitchen space. Does anyone know about these and where do I look for them?
Second ..Do I need cam lights in this small space?
There will be a light under the microwave over the stove...would also like a cam light for that area?
Will have a pendant over sink...Do I need another light there?
I do want under cabinet lighting and when I get the glass in my corner cabinets I want light in those two.
If someone would help guide me and tell me what I need and where to find it...I would be so appreciative...thanks so much in advance!

Comments (4)