Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LED Under Cabinet Lighting

Posted by traviswalken (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 8, 11 at 18:43

I am designing a kitchen remodel. I performed some research and heard good things about Inspired LED (inspiredled.com). I emailed my design to them and recieved the following pricing for a dimmable led system:

Items Included on Quote Quantity Unit Price Total
1 Light for 12" Cabinet = $14.00
1 21" Ultra Bright Flex = $20.00
2 ea 27" Ultra Bright Flex = $46.00
1 36" Ultra Bright Flex = $29.00
1 Interconnect Cable = $5.00
1 Dimmable Transformer = $60.00
4 ea custom Inwall Cable = $60.00

Total cost is $234 and does not include dimmer switch ($30+/-).

The plan is place the transformer in the unfinished basement below the switch and run inwall cable to 4 locations since the wall cabinets are in 4 locations.

Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LED Under Cabinet Lighting

Not sure.

I would do the following
1. Assume 200 lumens per ft (max output)
2. Do a mock up layout.
3. Count the number of strips required for each possible vendor.
4. Layout string to represent wiring from the transformer/ dimming power supply to each run of lights.
5. Measure the strings.
There are tables to help determine the wire gauge to use with each run given the total power draw - (line loss, power consumed by each type of led bar/ strip)
6. The total number of strips, lengths of wire will help determine the required capacity of the dimming power supply ( Add a 10% - 15% margin).

o
RE: LED Under Cabinet Lighting

traviswalken - have you ordered from them yet? Let me know what you think if you already got yours.

I got a similar quote too. I'm debating between the ultra flex strips and their LED panels/bars.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Inspired LED

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here