Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Circline Bulbs suck!!!!

Posted by jockewing (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 23, 10 at 18:33

I just finally replaced my horrible "garage" style 4 light fluorescent fixture in my kitchen with a much more attractive circular fixture with brushed silver trim. The light takes a 40 w 16 inch and a 32 w 12 inch circline fluorescent bulbs. The light looks much better, but it puts out a paltry amount of light. I am so disappointed. I have searched on the web and cannot find circline bulbs in a warm color with a high cri. The lighting coming out of the fixture looks horrible and is so dim.

Is there someplace to buy GOOD circline bulbs or are there any attractive fluorescent fixtures that use t8 bulbs out there? I guess I could go with one of the "puff" lights or one of the lights that are wrapped with crown molding. Neither of those options really excite me, honestly. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Circline Bulbs suck!!!!

Have you checked out Osram's 30w Circline bulb? I don't what type of fixture you are working with, but this E26 base bulb has a CRI of 82 and a 3,000K color temperature, so it has pretty good color rendering and is pretty warm. I had one of these in a shed of mine once and I liked it. I think BulbAmerica has these and pretty cheap too.
Good luck!

o
RE: Circline Bulbs suck!!!!

comparing t8 vs circline
I can definitely see why you feel the way you do. Perhaps you'd like the velegant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here