Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with LED under cabinet light choice

Posted by dreamojean (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 18:11

So I have decided that I need LED under cabinet lights with dimmers on each LED strip to meet our particular needs in our new kitchen. I figured I'd ask if that is misguided in any way and what brands you might recommend. I think I'm down to Juno or Environmental Lights as I'm not aware of any others - any other suggestions and any feedback between those two manufacturers?

I want an on/off wall switch for everything, then individual dimmers on each of two 24" strips and one 12" strip along the main area for light for a total of 60" of dimmability, and then one 8" strip with just an on-off switch between our range and the window, which is fine as the range has a microwave over it with a light underneath.

Juno is apparently the Home Depot brand, and I've gotten mixed feedback about it but have those strips in-hand and ready for installation in a week. Environmental Lights is well regarded and can be tailored to particular needs but I haven't seen any in person so would be going a bit on faith. Their customer service is obviously really good - I spoke with someone by phone who was really helpful.
But their strips seem narrower and I am having trouble comparing apple/apple.

Thoughts? The electrician is coming in a week so I'd love to nail this down in the next 1-2 days.Thanks for any replies/guidance!

(cross posted to Kitchens forum)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with LED under cabinet light choice

The main choices are between low voltage and direct wire lighting. The diy Ucl thread on this forum and the follow on thread have more details

o
RE: Help with LED under cabinet light

Fyi

Here is a link that might be useful: Led continuation

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here