Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lighting over my window/peninsula

Posted by paulabrady (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 11, 10 at 16:06

My window will probably be two windows put together which make a line in the middle. But I would like some decorative/purpose lighting above it. The rest of my kitchen will have over and under cabinet lighting and recessed lights ( I think ). I don't really care for the light "bars" and would like individual lights, thinking black. I'm thinking for accent and purpose lighting since there won't be any cabs there. I will have stainless appliances, light maple cabs with choc. glaze, stainless faucet, terra cotta (baked clay) paint, window and patio door will be white wood with blinds built in. Probably no other window treatments. Pulls on cabs will be black. Back splash will be a mix of terra cotta, whites, tans, etc. Also I do not have pendant lighting above my peninsula now and not sure I want it. Any thoughts?

kitchen East Window

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lighting over my window/peninsula

Can lights seem like a good choice if you don't like the "bars". LED Can Lights are getting less expensive too. They pay for themselves in the power savings over time.

o
RE: Lighting over my window/peninsula

Thank you for your input... Still undecided at this point. My GC is good at electrical and might have some ideas as well. I'm tired of making decisions and haven't even started remodel yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here