Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommend Trim for 6" Halo?

Posted by hoog23 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 14:11

I just replaced some old can's with a set of 6 inch halo H7ICAT cans.

Since the old ones had some old br40 incandescants I got some sylvania br40 led's. They appear to stick out the bottom of the can too much - even with the adjustable plate adjusted as far up as it will go. Anyhow I don't like the (diffused) light from the sylvania br40's.

Could someone recommend a 'modern' looking par 30 trim?

Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommend Trim for 6" Halo?

Here is a shot with a par30 installed.

o

With LEDs, it would be simpler and perhaps cheaper to use a CREE CR6 or Sylvania RT6 lamp which comes with the trim attached. In some counties, the CR6 costs 24.99 @ Home Depot.

o

Thanks for the recommendation.

The ecospmart's are $27 here in NY and $20 over the line in CT.

I just purchased a single ecosmart (nearby here in NY) to try it out. I already had a unused Halo rl560wh-r that I planed to use in the shower that I also installed in the same hallway for comparison. The light from the cree looks (considerably) better but I am not a fan of the cree clips as I am having trouble getting the trim flush with the ceiling.

I will probably just go with cree's (of course purchased in CT) in the upstairs hallway and then try to get ahold of some of the sylvania's to try out in some old can's that I have downstairs. I have a source that can get me the Sylvania's but it usually takes a couple of weeks.

o

It takes a little practice and patience to get the CREE lamps flush. Remember to twist clockwise at the end.

The Sylvania RT-6 can is available @ Lowes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here