Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Recessed Lighting - replacing old square recessed lights

Posted by wovnbskt (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 13:48

Reviving a 2007 thread. Can 1950s era square recessed downlights be replaced with the newer square LED light panels? I have 4 in my 24' x 17' family room and the spring clips that keep the lense cover closed are broken. I have to wedge something between the housing and the lens cover to keep them closed.


Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Recessed Lighting - replacing old square recessed lights

Technically yes. You'd need to figure out the project cost though

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here