Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this light fixture big enough for my foyer?

Posted by tracyx4 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 13:42

I am looking at replacing my light fixture in my foyer. It is a 2-story foyer, and the dimensions are about 7 ft x 12 ft. The light fixture is about 26" tall and the diameter is about 18". I've attached a picture of the fixture. Would this be a good size. Also, is there a rule of thumb of how far it should be hung from the ceiling? Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this light fixture big enough for my foyer?

You haven't provided all the details of your foyer, so just note that with this fixture, if you can look down into your foyer from the second floor, you're likely going to be looking at the bare light bulbs in this fixture because this fixture allows some of the light to reflect up as well as down.

This drawing is rough because I'm guessing on heights and details in your foyer. Here is a link that might help you select and hang the fixture.

You might want to also refer to a previous conversation on this forum about this subject: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg0414360713685.html

Here is a link that might be useful: How to size chandelier for foyer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here