Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eastcoastmom_gw

Advice on fully adjustable pendants for bi-level ceiling

eastcoastmom
14 years ago

I'm cross posting with the kitchen forum, hope that's OK.

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a big dilemma. After searching high and low, I finally found this pendant light from Hudson Valley which I think would work very well in my kitchen. The problems is that they are not fully adjustable - they come with rods of varying lengths, 3", 6", 12" and two 18" rods, that can be put together. The reason that this is a problem is that my ceiling height changes right over my island - and the difference between the two ceiling sections is 13".

This is so frustrating because on top of this restriction, the ceiling height on the low end is 8 foot, so I am already limited enough with my choices as it is. The guy at a lighting store that carries these says there is no way to cut the rods on the Hudson Valley pendants to make them even.

I know that there are other companies out there that make fully adjustable rods (Visual Comfort is one but they don't seem to have the glass version of this ). Is there anything else like this out there that is also fully adjustable and/or does anyone have any other suggestions for making the Hudson Valley ones work?

Thanks!

Comments (2)