Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on fully adjustable pendants for bi-level ceiling

Posted by eastcoastmom (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 25, 09 at 13:37

I'm cross posting with the kitchen forum, hope that's OK.

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a big dilemma. After searching high and low, I finally found this pendant light from Hudson Valley which I think would work very well in my kitchen. The problems is that they are not fully adjustable - they come with rods of varying lengths, 3", 6", 12" and two 18" rods, that can be put together. The reason that this is a problem is that my ceiling height changes right over my island - and the difference between the two ceiling sections is 13".

This is so frustrating because on top of this restriction, the ceiling height on the low end is 8 foot, so I am already limited enough with my choices as it is. The guy at a lighting store that carries these says there is no way to cut the rods on the Hudson Valley pendants to make them even.

I know that there are other companies out there that make fully adjustable rods (Visual Comfort is one but they don't seem to have the glass version of this ). Is there anything else like this out there that is also fully adjustable and/or does anyone have any other suggestions for making the Hudson Valley ones work?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on fully adjustable pendants for bi-level ceiling

Fully adjustable pendants are sold by rejuvenationhardwre.com
e.g. see Brightwood Item # AA 0110
In addition these lights are sold with diverse shades or with no shade. So if you don't like the shades they have you can find separate shades. The fixtures have the classic (old fashioned) shade holder in typical sizes.
Schoolhouseelectric.com also sells period shades with sized fitters. It is not entirely clear to me how adjustable the length is. They ask to the nearest inch. I found them to be very helpful by phone when I had questions about other things.

o
RE: Advice on fully adjustable pendants for bi-level ceiling

http://www.1800lighting.com/Hudson-Valley-Lighting/Haverhill-Collection/item.cfm?itemsku=7313-OB
This same light comes in multiple versions with 2 and 3 lights, thereby avoiding the whole problem

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here