Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Advice on LED lighting

Posted by josephny (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 10:51

We're renovating an apt and combining it with our existing place and I need to figure out the lighting.

Below is the lighting diagram. We are not allowed to channel into the ceiling so we've chosen soffits around the perimeter.

Each soffit will have down facing LED recessed lights as well as an up-facing LED strip of lights.

I'm leaning towards line voltage (to do away with the transformer cost/possible noise/possible failure).

Can anyone help with decisions like MR16 vs Par20, Halo vs. a different brand, new construction vs. remodel housings the soffits are new, but small -- about 7" high and 6" deep).

Thanks very much,

Joseph

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Advice on LED lighting

If you use small aperture led lamps, you may be able to do away with the housing as the entire device is self contained inside the fixture. The fixture itself could be clipped directly onto the ceiling board.

Following are some examples

http://www.junolightinggroup.com/splash_juno-mini-led.asp

http://twicebright.com/shallow-recessed.asp

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here