Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Haiku or Minka Artemis ceiling fan

Posted by Zophie (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 10:29

Has anyone installed a Haiku ceiling fan? I am looking for a lighted ceiling fan for my 8' heigh master bedroom. I like that it's 9.8" drop from the ceiling, what I don't like is the price $1,095 for a white composite, $1,265 for bamboo, including wall light switch and LED lights (which I think are cool). There seems to be only one company that sells them, Big Ass Fans, I'm not kidding about the name, hence the ridiculously high price. And what's with the lack of reviews for this product. The photos on Houzz seem to all be supplied by Haiku and not decorators which makes me suspicious.

I also like the Minka Artemis Fan, which at $550 is half the price or less of the Haiku, and 12" deep, halogen lighted. I initially thought this was expensive but now think it's a bargain compared to the Haiku.

What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Haiku or Minka Artemis ceiling fan

We have the Minka Artemis in our master bedroom. Love It!

o

Yes, I've seen the Haiku online as well. It does look cool, but I'd be hard pressed to see the value in it. There are plenty of direct drive motor fans (efficient and well made) from good brands such as Minka, Casablanca, and Fanimation that offer LED lighting options as well. Some of the sites even offer "configure you fan" that allows you to build fan with the colors/blades/lights you specify so you can see it before you buy.

I'd also be concerned with the 9.5" drop on an 8' ceiling unless everyone is under 6' tall. I just installed a casablanca in my MBR with only a 3-4" rod, and I wouldn't want it any lower. (i'm 6'1").

o

Does anyone have a review of the Haiku fan? Haiku has really done a great job of having no reviews except sponsored ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here