Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loopypanda

LED Recessed Lighting Not Turning On!

loopypanda
9 years ago

Hello all,

I'm not sure where else to turn and I feel like an idiot! I apologize in advance for not having all the correct terminology.

I bought a bunch of GE BR30 10W Dimmable LED Bulbs to replace the incandescent recessed lighting in my kitchen:

http://www.truevalue.com/product/Electrical-Lighting/Light-Bulbs/LED-Light-Bulbs/LED-Indoor-Floodlight-Bulb-BR30-Dimmable-Medium-Base-10-Watt/pc/4/c/2185/sc/2454/57109.uts

I quickly realized my first issue would be the old dimmer switches in my home. My husband swapped the dimmer switch for a normal old switch...and the LEDs do not even turn on! Screw in an incandescent again (6 LED, 1 incandescent), and just the incandescent lights up.

We then tested a bulb in the recessed housing inside our pantry, simple on/off controlled by the door opening/closing...no light.

We tested an ugly exposed socket in the basement storage area and the LED bulb works just fine.

What in the world is going on!? I've been googling like crazy and it doesn't seem that other people have this issue -- or I am searching on the completely wrong terms. Any suggestions you can offer would be much appreciated :)

Comments (2)