Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lightolier Low Voltage Track Lights

Posted by daveinjersey (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 6, 10 at 10:14

I bought six Lightolier low voltage track lights in August 2007 and have since had to replace three. They're model 22MC6WH, originally sold for $125 each, now going for $134. Won't light good bulbs. Does anyone know what's going wrong with them? Are these just junk? Can anyone recommend a lamp with a better track (no pun intended) record? I'm using a Lutron MSCELV600 dimmer, which I was told was appropriate. Is that apt to be an issue?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lightolier Low Voltage Track Lights

An ELV dimmer is the right type for the transformer on those fixtures. Sockets can go bad but jiggling the lamp around will usually flicker the lamp and tell you it's a bad socket. Transformers don't like heat. The fixture is for 37 to 50 watt lamps so try the Philips or Sylvania IRC 35 watt in it.

o
RE: Lightolier Low Voltage Track Lights

dim4fun,

Many thanks for the reply. I'll try the lamps you recommended. Don't think I've had bad sockets, but should I be able to find and install replacements if I do?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here