Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
olychic

Where to center overhead light?

olychic
14 years ago

It should be Olychick, but a typo now makes me sound like I'm much more fashionable than I am. Thanks to all with so much knowledge and so many opinions on these forums...I'm in the planning stages of a bathroom remodel/addition and have learned so much in the few weeks I've been reading over your shoulders. It is a combo master bath/walk in closet - total 11.5 x 19. In the closet area about 11.5 x 9, I am planning closets, mostly floor to ceiling cabinets with doors. I'm trying to plan for wiring now and need to know whether the overhead light fixture (decorative - there will be can lights, too) should be in the center of the closet area not considering the closets (which will be 24 or so inches deep in a u shape lining 3 walls) or should it be centered in the open floor space that will be left when the closets are installed? Seems like room centered would put it too close to the cabinets once they are installed and look off center, but I just don't know. I'd appreciate any opinions on how it should be.