Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to center overhead light?

Posted by olychic (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 1, 09 at 8:10

It should be Olychick, but a typo now makes me sound like I'm much more fashionable than I am. Thanks to all with so much knowledge and so many opinions on these forums...I'm in the planning stages of a bathroom remodel/addition and have learned so much in the few weeks I've been reading over your shoulders. It is a combo master bath/walk in closet - total 11.5 x 19. In the closet area about 11.5 x 9, I am planning closets, mostly floor to ceiling cabinets with doors. I'm trying to plan for wiring now and need to know whether the overhead light fixture (decorative - there will be can lights, too) should be in the center of the closet area not considering the closets (which will be 24 or so inches deep in a u shape lining 3 walls) or should it be centered in the open floor space that will be left when the closets are installed? Seems like room centered would put it too close to the cabinets once they are installed and look off center, but I just don't know. I'd appreciate any opinions on how it should be.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to center overhead light?

If the cabinets are probably not ever going to be moved, I would center the fixture on the open ceiling space.

o
RE: Where to center overhead light?

thank you. that's what I thought, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here