Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swampfever

Help with lighting for Galley Kitchen

swampfever
13 years ago

We're in the middle of an unplanned kitchen remodel. It all started when we pulled up tile and found terrazzo floors underneath. The DW wanted them refinished and then found Granite she loved that matched, then a sink and a faucet and now we're redoing everything but the cabinets.

To the point. I like some ideas about lighting for this space.

The house is a beach house in Florida. We want to keep the heat down. The kitchen currently has two fluorescent fixtures with one bulb each. I made them myself and designed them so that I would not get any flicker from the fan in the center of the room. The lighting is somewhat bright, but we have excellent visibility when working. The ceiling has always seemed a little dark, more gray than white. We would like to update the look (and keep the fan for cooling), but I'm not sure if I want cans in the ceiling. I'd like some design ideas for lighting the kitchen. I had thought about some light from the ceiling, a spot over the sink and some under cabinet lights so that the lighting has some flexibility. I appreciate your suggestions

Comments (3)