Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Kichler under cabinet LED

Posted by benself (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 5, 10 at 23:39

All -

We've been given two options for under cabinet LED -- the Kichler 12054SS -- the "Direct Wire LED"
or the Kichler 12303ni style -- the "Modular LED". Anyone (lightguy?) have any thoughts which one is better? The Modular is almost twice as much, but it is dimmable -

thanks in advance -

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Kichler under cabinet LED

Bumping this thread while trying to understand why nobody has commented.

o

Bumping this thread while trying to understand why nobody has commented.

o

Direct wire LED fixtures tend to be larger than low voltage fixtures, some of which trade the bulk of the light fixture for a large transformer that can be tucked away elsewhere - cabinet, crawl space, attic, toe kick.

o

Benself, did you figure this one out or get any other advice? I'm just starting to research and my KD says I should get something dimable in Juno or Kichler and not to do fluorescent. I'm learning the retail markup is outrageous; the quotes I got from our local lighting store kept dropping when I asked for my price, then for our contractor, then for our electrician...

o

Quotes I got for the Kichler and Juno were ridiculously expensive too.

I went with the ones from Environmental Lighting.

THey look nice installed!

Here is a link that might be useful: Environmental Lighting

o

Thanks, Marcydc. Just saw your post in another thread and was looking over the Environmental Lighting website. Much better prices. I'm glad you like yours installed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here