Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Lighting - recessed and under cabinet

Posted by amydavs (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 22:22

We just redid the lighting in the kitchen.

Our general contractor has put 2700K LED bulbs for the recessed lighting and 3000K LED panels for the under cabinet lighting.
The 2700K is obviously yellow and the 3000K is clearly white.

The explanation is that the 2700K recessed lighting is for ambient lighting and the 3000K under cabinet lighting is for task lighting. Until now, we have had uniform lighting for both recessed and undercabinet.

I guess I will get used to this different color lighting for ambient and task lighting but just wanted to check with the forum whether this approach is correct.

I have attached a photo (although the photo probably does not show the colors as distinctly as in real life) of the 2700K recessed light contrasting with the 3000K under cabinet lights.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Lighting - recessed and under cabinet

It's your personal preference that matters the most.

In some kitchens you have a mix of cool (t5 fluorescent UCL, halogen cooker hood, LED lights at 3200 - 3500k ) and warm white general lighting (~2700k).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here