Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

Help me find a Drum Shade Pendant

jockewing
13 years ago

I just love the look of those big drum shade chandeliers. They are so simple and clean--at least some of them are. Seems like all I can find are ones covered with all kinds of unnecessary decorative pieces. I just want a nice big linen or white textured shade with brushed nickel pole and nice diffuser at the bottom. Really like this one from Forecast Lighting, but I can't find it for less than $400. That's not TOO bad, but seems awfully high for a simple drum shade. Here it is:

http://www.beso.com/f439-forecast-lighting-grid-accessory-shade-grid/1943961664/detail

That price for $250 is for the shade only! The holder and light assembly is another 150. A lighting store told me Forecast isn't especially high end and isnt sure why the price is so high.

I attached a 20 inch drum shade to the ugly chandelier in my kitchen to get an idea of the right size, and I think 20 inches is just about perfect. The Forecast light linked above is 24 inches wide and 9 inches high. I'm concerned that might be too big.

Anybody know where I can find a similar light maybe a bit smaller and a bit cheaper?

Comments (2)