Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me find a Drum Shade Pendant

Posted by jockewing (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 8, 10 at 20:59

I just love the look of those big drum shade chandeliers. They are so simple and clean--at least some of them are. Seems like all I can find are ones covered with all kinds of unnecessary decorative pieces. I just want a nice big linen or white textured shade with brushed nickel pole and nice diffuser at the bottom. Really like this one from Forecast Lighting, but I can't find it for less than $400. That's not TOO bad, but seems awfully high for a simple drum shade. Here it is:
http://www.beso.com/f439-forecast-lighting-grid-accessory-shade-grid/1943961664/detail

That price for $250 is for the shade only! The holder and light assembly is another 150. A lighting store told me Forecast isn't especially high end and isnt sure why the price is so high.

I attached a 20 inch drum shade to the ugly chandelier in my kitchen to get an idea of the right size, and I think 20 inches is just about perfect. The Forecast light linked above is 24 inches wide and 9 inches high. I'm concerned that might be too big.

Anybody know where I can find a similar light maybe a bit smaller and a bit cheaper?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me find a Drum Shade Pendant

It sounds like the Lexington from Tech Lighting would be perfect, although it's not much cheaper than the Forecast:

http://www.ylighting.com/tec-2kd-700tdlexp.html

A couple of sites which I used a lot when I was picking out lighting for my house are lumens.com and formplusfunction.com

o
Help me find a Drum Shade Pendant

A great drum pendant lighting solution to add elegance and grace to any room is a tuxedo pendant light. These feature drum shades that are made from jet black or pure white glass or fabric. The fabric versions have sleek and shiny fabric so it looks almost glass-like but is a cheaper option. At the centre of these pendant lights you will see beautiful glass crystals that hang gracefully to add a stunning appearance. We have several different sizes and styles of these drum pendant lights in our range for you to choose from to make the right choice for your room.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drum pendant lights

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here