Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
direct wire led ucls /depth of junction box

Posted by ladoladi (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 19:56

Hi,

I would like to install the direct wire LED UCL bars from Environmental Lights, but they require a junction box. The junction box sold by EL, and all the ones I've found online and at the store, are significantly deeper than the lights bars themselves. The bars are .85" deep; the boxes are 1.25" - 1.5" inches deep, and that's the "shallow" ones. I would need at least 5 of these in my kitchen, and I'm worried the aesthetics of the clean and simple light bars will be marred by these large boxes.

Does anyone know of a less unsightly junction box? Should I give up on the Environmental Lights?

Thank you for your help. Trying to get information out of my electricians is like prying a panicked cat out of the mouth of a rabid pit bull.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: direct wire led ucls /depth of junction box

It depends on the manufacturer.

Having said that, the Philips eW profile setup is all under 1" in height- junction boxes that will be mounted on the cabinet undersides and the light bars.

o
Other thread

You may find the linked thread helpful

Here is a link that might be useful: LED UCL continuation

o
RE: direct wire led ucls /depth of junction box

You can always put the junction boxes in the back of the upper cabinet with a blank cover on them and recessed into the wall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here