Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Customized light switch

Posted by andreadeg (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 19:24

Hi,

I'm going to order 4 of these sconces for my family room for behind my sectional sofa. i'm asking the manufacturer to add a switch so that I can adjust the lighting. the manufacturer can add either a two way or three way switch. For incandescent bulbs I would go with a three way switch, but, once incandescent are switched out I wonder if the switches will work at all, assuming either fluorescent or LED bulbs? Or whether I should consider a two way switch?

Any advice or opinions are most appreciated.

http://www.lightingnewyork.com/product/visual-comfort-studio-candlestick-swing-arm-lights-wall-lamps-s2010bz-l.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Customized light switch

No reason why there would be a problem if there is no dimming involved.
Multi way switches can be obtained at had or lowes.

o

I can not see what particular sconce you are getting so I am flying a little blind here. If there is any chance you are going with CF, and there are two or more lamps in one luminaire, try to get a switch that turns the lamps on and off individually rather than cycling through them like a typical luminaire designed for an incandescent 3-way bulb does. By cycling through all combinations every time you use the luminaire, you do excessive switching and that will age the lamps comparatively quickly.

o

Thank you both for your input!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here