Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Kitchen Lighting Ideas Needed to Replace Flourescent - PICS!

eldemila
14 years ago

Our offer was accepted on this house, which needs a LOT of work (may be more than we thought - inspections starting tomorrow)

If we go through with this deal, one of the many things I'll be dealing with is the kitchen lighting.

The kitchen has 2 light fixtures, one 4ft flourescent and the other a small fixture above the eat-in area. I can't remember if there's a small fixture over the sink, not that it provides much light if so.

Trying to get some ideas of what would be good to put in place of this ugly flourescent fixture. Stay with flo. but udpate, or go with something else? Will put a new fixture over table, want something hanging, but bigger than the ugly thing that's there.

I want to put something up that uses flourescent or CF bulbs, to keep heat (and electric costs) down in place of the flourescent fixture.

The kitchen area is about 12x16 and the eating area is about 6x6. I'm not sure what type of cabinet we'll go for yet, refinish, reface or replace (nothing too fancy either way) I would like a darker richer wood tone, DH prefers something light, maybe with a glaze - granite, or the like countertop, tile or wood floor - if that info helps any.

Any suggestions? Sites that have nice flourescent fixtures? Maybe pictures of what you have?

Thanks for any input!!!

Fixture in question

{{!gwi}}

Eating area

{{!gwi}}