Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cans For 18 Foot Ceilings

Posted by tubeman (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 3, 11 at 16:38

Should I be using the Cree LR6 DR or regular LR6? The deep recess LR6 I assume has a narrower beam?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cans For 18 Foot Ceilings

The deep recess LR6 is more like the CR6. The positive side is that there is a higher output version of the deep recess LR6 than the standard LR6.

Your 18' ceilings should make up somewhat for the narrower beam.

o

Thanks. I guess the question is "do I want a narrower beam?". I am thinking that the higher ceiling might create more sideways glare if I use the regular LR6 or Cr6.

o

Cree does sell anodized baffle trims in three colors (black, charcoal/gray, bronze) for the CR6 and their other lights that reduce glare if you're not looking straight up at them, about $10 each.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cree Flickr images (scroll left and right in photostream to see other colors)

o

A better look at the Cree CR6 anodized trim baffle inserts, in the three colors available:

Cree CR6 Trim Accessories

It looks like they're offering a fourth option too, a black ABS thermoplastic full trim option, CT6B or CT6BB. The other three are trim accessories that snap into a standard CR6 module. Not sure if the ABS "full trim" means an entire module with a black rather than white cylindrical recessed section, or just another attachment for the white one they've offered exclusively up to now.

o

Ah, just got my answer by looking at the LR6 trim options - (see last one at bottom of the page). The CT6BB is an entirely black trim piece that includes the surrounding bezel as well as the recessed part. Both parts are normally white on the CR6, LR6, or LR4; on the other trim accessories, only the recessed section is darkly colored.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here