Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Converting 5' recessed pot lights to 4' recessed pots

Posted by rachella (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 16:32

Hi all,

I want to stick with line voltage lighting and want to convert my 5 ' cans to 4" cans so that I can use 50 watt par 20 lights rather than the bigger ones with 65 watts.

Does anyone know how and where I get the materials to do that?

Can I simply buy trims that fit into the 5" hole but house the par 20 bulb. I guess they would have another inch to the outside trim. Does such a thing exist?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Converting 5' recessed pot lights to 4' recessed pots

Why are you doing this? Do you know that they make Par 30 in different wattages and beam spreads as well as more energy efficient 45 watt that can replace higher wattage lamps?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here