Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hallway lights?

Posted by sparkler39 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 16:10

I'm running into a brick wall with my hallway lights and am sincerely hoping that someone might have some insight. I have a hallway about 24' long and 40" wide. There are windows in the hallway so it's dark. First, I ordered these lights:

http://www.shadesoflight.com/metropolitan-square-flushmount-ceiliing-light.html

But when they were installed they were SO dim because the frosted glass was THICK. So they got returned.

Then I ordered these lights:

http://www.lumens.com/90-Square-Flushmount-by-Tech-Tiella/PAAAIAMBPGPMBPDH/Product?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=+tiella +90 +square&utm_campaign=Tech_Lighting-BMM&gclid=CLmh057d_bgCFdKj4AodhQIAeA

But they're backordered and won't be here for at least two weeks and we're hoping to close in the next two weeks.

So I found these lights today:

http://www.z-lite.com/product/171-16b-c/

And they're in stock and ready to ship. But I have a few concerns. First off, there are several models of this light but I think I need the 3 bulb light (with the 4.5" mounting post) in order to put off enough light in the hallway. I really like the black shade but I'm wondering if it will be too dark in the hallway with just random "spot lights" at the bottom of the lamp. Then I'm wondering if a 18" wide drum is going to be too big and out of proportion for the 40" hallway...

So does anyone have any experience with either of the two lights and/or have any other suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: House-building Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hallway lights?

how tall is the ceiling in the hallway?

o

hi,according to my understanding,the black pendant from Z-lite is not for hallway.it is for dining tables.
and also the lampshade of this pendant light is fabric lampshade which is not easy to clean.

maybe u can check the corridor light with clear glass diffuser as attached.i made this lamp for my customer before.antique brass bracket and clear crystal glass diffuser,total 3*E27 max 60W.

u can also check online corridor light with clear glass diffuser.and get the 3 bulb one.it will be not dim.

Hope it will be help!

o

Kayakboy, our ceilings are 8 feet. The Z-lite pendant is perfect. It can be used with a long extendable rod or with a 4.5 inch rod. I'm in the process of moving in but will include a photo later today. You can find this thread (with photos) on the Home Decorating forum. There was more activity over there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here