Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

Report: Sylvania integrated LED remodel kit

I have just installed the Sylvania remodel kits (#70732) purchased at Lowes. I chose these because they fit into both cans and boxes (my space did not permit all cans, which we discovered only after we had already installed 3 cans) and because the light temperature is 3000k -- I really wanted that whiter light instead of the 2700k that Home Depot offered. I paid around $35 for each unit.

They are nice and bright, cast light evenly around the space and a beautiful white light. I didn't really need all 5 in the space (as the lighting designer had recommended) since they put out so much light -- I really think I could have been just fine with 3. However, as I get older I may be grateful for the extra illumination.

The look is okay. They project from the ceiling a bit but are not really high profile or obvious. I was worried that they would look too "office" if you know what I mean.

I have them on a dimmer switch (Lutron, don't have the model name); are advertised to dim down to 20% but I am afraid that I can't estimate that -- they dim down quite enough for me but not anywhere like a night light.

My only complaint--and a substantial one -- is that they are quite slow to come on. The delay is usually at least one second and sometimes longer. As I mentioned in another post, I don't know if it is the light itself (I think that it is) or the light + dimmer. My installer wondered if it has something to do with the breaker. I have another on a different switch, and I think it is a different breaker, and it is equally delayed.

Hope that helps someone!

Comment (1)