Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Restoration Hardware lighting

Posted by petchia (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 21, 08 at 13:25

Anyone know who manufactures Restoration Hardware's lighting? I'm specifically curious about their sconce manufacturer.

One of the things I have noticed about their lights is that they are knockoffs of other lights. Perhaps the same manufacturer is making lights for different brands?

Best,

Bill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Restoration Hardware lighting

Do you understand the difference between a manufacturer selling lots of product to a distributor as oppossed to onesie twosie to individuals?

I'm in the big ticket export business. I have no problem finding manufacturers who refer me to their distributors.

o

I'm not trying to buy directly from the manufacturer. I'm just trying to find out who makes the lights so I can see perhaps the "original" lights that Resto is basing theirs on. I ultimately want to buy one of the "originals" if that makes sense.

o

Hudson Valley makes a lot of the lights. Minka Aire makes some of the fans. They use several manufacturers.

o

Much of Restoration Hardware's Arts & Crafts-Mission style lighting "used to be made" by Arroyo Craftsman, who still makes high quality lighting in Baldwin Park, CA. RH, like many other manufacturers, have developed "derived knock offs" of lessor quality, and made overseas. The result has been much less cost for the consumer, higher profits for RH, and often a lower quality product. Arroyo Craftsman lighting is made of heavy gauge solid brass and known for their "living finishes". I have specified and sold their entire line of products for many years and they are our biggest sellers.

Note: many of RH's lighting designs are NOT derived from Arroyo Craftsman designs. Just mostly from their Mission and Evergreen series.

Hope this helps!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Arroyo Craftsman

o

I have some bathroom sconces from RH. The quality is nice but they are made in China. One of the sconces I have is called the Keller sconce. I saw the original that it was based on at the Urban Archaeology site. UA has has washstands and many other fixtures that RH has copied. The UA ones are heavier and nicer and from what I have seen cost 4 or 5 times the price of the RH ones. The UA stuff is gorgeous though and definitely not the same as the RH.

o

I believe Robert Abbey manufactures some of their lamps. Maybe all their lighting. They sell quality goods. It's probably a reproduction and not a mere copy.

http://robertabbey.corporatepo.com/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here