Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recessed lights in batroom

Posted by mcs31 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 6, 10 at 11:31

We are remodeling the master bathroom (9x16). There are two vanities facing each other 5 feet apart. There will be a 26"Wx32H mirror over each sink. We are planning to put a sconce on either side of the mirrors. We also want to install 5" recessed lights (75W each) in the ceiling. Two over shower and tub, one over toilet and two in the center of the room near vanities. At what distance from the wall should I install them? Should they be over the edge of the vanities, closer in, more to the center of the room?
Help! Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recessed lights in batroom

I have 2 recessed lights in the shower, 3 in the center of the bathroom, and 3 sconces around two medicine cabinets over a vanity with two sinks. The 3 recessed lights in the center of the bathroom are parallel to the ones in the shower. I really like this arrangement because it provides ample light in all areas. Since you have two sconces on either side of the mirror, I suggest having the recessed lighting in the center of the bathroom. I am not sure where your tub and shower are - depending on their location you can make the center lighting parallel. Looks like you will have a lot of light since the sconces will be reflected in both mirrors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here