Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
topazal

Help with Recessed Lighting in Kitchen!!!

TopazAl
10 years ago

Hi. I'm doing kitchen renovation and need help on lighting redesign and recessed lighting placement in the kitchen. My kitchen is roughly 10'8" x 12' 3" in size with 8' ceiling height. I will have access to the attic above the kitchen.

I'm planning to put in recessed lighting. Right now I'm leaning toward 4" LED recessed lighting.I found Lowes has Utilitech Pro 4" Integrated LED lighting kit for $49 a piece. It is IC-rated with 630 lumen, 3000K, 80 CRI.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=3745683&partNumber=403328-47842-18290-000&storeId=10151&N=0

Now in terms of placement, I read through many guides online. First I need to take care of task lighting first. I plan to put 1 can above the kitchen sink. I will also install undercabinet lighing under all wall cabinet using LED strip light (3100K). Note that I have a chimney hood over range.

Questions:
1) Now how I should place the rest of the cans?
2) Since I already have undercabinet lighting, should I still put can 24"-27" off the wall with cabinet aim at the edge of the countertop (to avoid shadow)? OR I should just put lighting just space it out evenly in the general area?
3) I'm thinking 4 cans + 1 can above sink enough to light up the kitchen (considering each of those 4" can give out 630 lumen each)? Is that enough?
4) If I put 1 can lined up with the center of the cabinet for each of the wall cabinet beside the range. Will they be too far apart? I don't think I need to put a light in front of the range. Or I should just put lighting evenly space out without considering the cabinets location.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES