Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not sure what Cree light

Posted by shoelvr (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 4, 10 at 10:51

Interested in the LR6 or CR6. 1-2 months before electric work starts.

Do I need to get the Cree housing separately? Or can you use a different brand?

Can you use Cree housing and install either the LR6 or CR6 or does it have to be specific?

If I want to do cheap lights in basement for now, but upgrade later to Cree...can I use any type housing or should it be Cree?

What is the difference between Edison and GU24??

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not sure what Cree light

Edison - screw in base
GU 24 - 2 knobs on the base. Push and twist.

A 6" Cree housing (or HALO or any other brand) will work for either LR6 or CR6.
A standard edison base housing can be deployed. In that case, you need to get edison base LR6 or CR6. Alternately, you could change the connector as CREE supplies an adapter for GU24.

o

Thank you!

Regarding the housing..is one better than the other? From the website, there doesn't appear to be a difference in looks with the edison vs GU24. This is for new construction..so starting from scratch..not sure which one is 'better'?

o

If you're subject to title 24 type laws, GU24. Otherwise, it's your choice.

In the long run - 30 years or so, GU24.

o

thanks again =)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here