Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Enough lighting for 10x11 kitchen?

Posted by linste (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 10:06

Hello. We're renovating our 10x11 kitchen and I'd like to make sure the lighting we've planned will be adequate.

We'll have a semi flush mount 300 watt max fixture in the middle of the ceiling for the main lighting.

Over the sink will be a 150 watt max pendant and the upper cabs on either side of the sink will each have one halogen hub light.

There will be a high hat over the counter run that has a window but no sink.

The over the range microwave has lights.

I've tried doing some math and it seems as though it's enough. I'd appreciate your thoughts and will post some pictures. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Enough lighting for 10x11 kitchen?

Another view

o

One more.

o

I'd say that's more than enough.
I find halogen lighting can be uncomfortably warm and prefer under-cabinet lighting, florescent or LED.
Have you considered adding a ceiling fan?
JM$.02W

o

Thanks for your thoughts. I went with the halogen hubs because I liked the way they looked at my mother in law's house. I've since read they give off heat. Hopefully not too much. We hadn't given thought to a fan, I'll see how my husband feels about that. Not a bad idea. Thanks again.

o

It is a common dimension for kitchen, You must go with the halogen light or try a new technique light that is a vocca switch light, which is having so many features relevant to light. It has simple and standard model that allow user to simply screw any bulb into the vocca adapter. It works on voice recognization technology.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vocca Adapter

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here