Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hlep me interpret these UCL and can lighting specs

Posted by illinigirl (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 8:31

I asked our builder what the standard lighting was and these are the specs they gave me. In addition we are using LED cans in our vaulted ceiling at additional cost.

Under cabinet Lighting and In cabinet lighting

Warm White 2700k Flexible LED Ribbon

Specifications:

LED Type: SMD 3528

Number of LEDs: 60/meter

View Angle: 120 degrees

Lumen: 900-1100 per 5 meters

Lumens Power: 24 Watts Input per 5 meters

Voltage: 12 Volts

DC Current: 2 Amps per 5 meters

Can Lights

HALO Recessed Housing, 6 Inch, CFL flood bulbs in all areas except kitchen to be Halogen, showers to be LED

Recessed Lighting Housing, IC/Non-IC Airtight, Lamp Type Incandescent, Max Wattage 75, For New Construction, Direct Burial Insulation, Number of Lamps 1, Voltage 120, Features Installed Bar Hangers, Airtight Standard, Damp Location Listed, 2 X 8 Construction, Housing Material Steel and Aluminum, Width 11.25 In, Height 7.5 In, Length 13.75 In, Diameter 6 In, Actual OD 6.5 In, Approvals/Standards UL/CuL

do i need to ask for any changes or are these good lights? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hlep me interpret these UCL and can lighting specs

Ask to view samples in person.
Given the current pricing for Cree cr6 lights, cfl recessed lighting is practically obsolete .

o

So do I just need the bulbs to be upgraded and the halo housings that are standard will work or do I need different housings?

They have quoted me 270 upcharge just for LEDs in the great room. I don't know how many that is for.

o

If you're not subject to title 24 (CA), standard cans could be installed. Each CR6 goes for ~ 35 (including the trim ring).

A good way to estimate is to go to your local HD and look at the pricing for the Halo LED lamps and modules.

The pricing for the UCL should be based on the length of the tape used, power supplies, additional wiring (for low voltage). They should be able to detail the number of separate tape runs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here