Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esjbee

Problems with LightingUniverse.com

esjbee
14 years ago

Has anyone else gotten the run around from lighting universe?

In the beginning of August, we ordered something that was listed as ships in 2-4 days. We keep getting excuses why it hasn't shipped yet and they keep delaying it.

Just wondering if this is normal for them?

Argh.

Comments (6)

• bignick
    14 years ago

Like a lot of online stores, they might not have any product in stock, but instead have it drop shipped by the manufacturer. In this case, the manufacturer is the hold up for some reason.

• lightguy
    14 years ago

Most probably that's the case, but it's not a guarantee.
    It doesn't hurt to give a call to another company or two and see how quickly they can get it to you.

• esjbee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, Bignick and Lightguy.

• ginger_light
    14 years ago

Most ligting web sites are drop shipping from the manufacturer. They post estimated ship times on the sites. This would be the normal time if the item is in stock at the manufacturers warehouse. Your item is probably backorderd. You should be given that information as soon as possible after you order. Sometimes it takes 24 hours or more if you placed the order on the week-end. Have they conveyed that information to you? If not, there might be some other in issue at play. It is easy enough to let a customer know his items are backordered. Keep in mind however that sometimes the estimate from the manufacturer can be wrong also. When an item is out of stock, any information is just an educated guess. Our policy at my site is to always check stock as soon as possible and let the customer know right away if the estimed delivery time shown on the product is different from the actual ship date. This is a courtesy that you should expect from all ecommerce sites. If you are not getting this informaton conveyed to you in a timely manner, try a different web site. If your credit card has been billed, ask for a cancellation and a prompt refund. If they have communicated with you as described, then you are probably better off just to wait with them if you really want that item. Starting over will just put your order further down the shipping que. Most manufacturers will ship first come firt served. Hope this helps.

• Jerz
    11 years ago

I order four lights from these jerks and two days later my client found some other lights that she liked better. I called and asked if I could cancel the order and do an exchange for some other lights. I was told that since I called and canceled right away that it was not a problem. This person even called the manufacturer while I was on hold to make sure we could cancel the order! The Christmas Holidays came and went and so I finally got back to Lighting Universe (ATG Stores) three weeks later to get the new lights that my client decided on they told me that the original order that I canceled was in process and that I could not cancel the order. I informed them that I had already canceled the order and I told them the representative that I spoke with and they said that she should not have done what she did and the order was non- cancelable. They told me that I could always resell the lights on ebay. Rude! They told me that the restocking fee was 75% and that they would refund me $425 out of a $1,700 order. I called my credit card company to see if they could help and basically they said that I did not have much of a case because I did not have a order cancelation confirmation number. Do buy anything from atg stores or Lighting Universe. They are crooks!!

• Granite_Man
    11 years ago

Which manufacturer made your lights?

There is a list of manufacturers on their site whom will not accept a return after a phone or online order has been placed - http://www.atgstores.com/support/noReturn.aspx

If the manufacturer of your lights is not on this list I would try to fight it with the credit card company.

Here is a link that might be useful: No Return Manufacturers