Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halo Cans - No warranty with CR6 (Big Deal?)

Posted by todds (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 9, 11 at 8:28

I was at HD yesterday and looked at the Halo H7ICAT cans for my project. I was going to use these air tight cans since they are the typical can standard and I then would be covered if I was unhappy with the LED Cree lights and could use other options.

I noticed stamped on the box that that the warranty will be voided if used with non-halo trims, their own Prod LED retrofit kit as well as other brands.

Not that these can's really go bad to worry about a warranty issue but the only issue could be the thermal protection device built into the can. I see these cans are listed as compatible with the LR6 so don't see why they wouldn't be compatible with a CR6. So is there any big deal with using these cans? I g=figure its just that Halo/cooper lighting doesn't want to be involved in calls/issues if another light was used. Or am I better off looking at another can that would give me options?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halo Cans - No warranty with CR6 (Big Deal?)

That warranty void stamp is there for two reasons.

1) They want you to buy their own trims
2) They can't possibly test all trims out there and verify saftey/compatibility, so they CYA.

Sorry, can't give you any specifics on CR6.

o
RE: Halo Cans - No warranty with CR6 (Big Deal?)

Shouldn't be a big deal at all. As you said, what can really go wrong with a can? And the CR6 shouldn't cause any problems in that can.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here