Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sc204

New Kitchen Lighting help

sc204
11 years ago

I came across this site while searching for kitchen lighting info and have already read a lot of useful information. I need help with lighting for a kitchen remodel. Specifically the location of the recessed cans.

Hopefully a top view of the plans are attached. The basic kitchen is about 15 feet from wall to edge of sliding glass door and 18 feet wall to wall from sink wall to back wall. A general description of what is there and known lighting: To the left of the island and in front of the slider is a the kitchen table with a hanging light overhead. Over the island we plan on 2 pendant type lights. Over the sink I have 2 4" cans. On the sink side the first wall cabinet on the left goes down to the counter top and extends out further than the regular wall cabinets.

The cook top on the right wall will have a hood with several halogen lights built in.

The back wall in the main kitchen area consits of 2 floor to ceiling pantries and the fridge and double oven.

To the left of these on the plan is a countertop and standard wall cabinets which wrap around the outside corner.

to the left of that is a 60" bar like area with base and wall cabinets. In between the bar and outside corner area of cabinets is the entrance to my dining room.

Known lighting: Kitchen table, 2 pendants over island, 2 4" cans over the sink about 16" off the wall, under cabinet lighting (planning on LED strips) and a few in cabinet lights on a couple of glass door cabinets.

I have a 42" walkway between the island and main part of the kitchen.

So I can really use some help with the rest of the recessed lighting. I am especially confused about the wall with the outside corner cabinets and floor to ceiling cabinets.

As far as lights I plan to use LED fixtures with integral trim rings that go into regular cans. either Halo 3000K or 2700 Cree (from Home Depot)

Thanks in advance for any help,

Stuart

Comments (5)