Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking Recommendations for LED Downlighting (Gen Illumination)

Posted by mark_g (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 11, 10 at 7:26

I would very much appreciate feedback on which mfrs are currently making the best LED downlighting fixtures for residential application--criteria are optics, beam cutoff & control, ease/compactness of installation. Also, whose LEDs are best?

Thanks for replies, Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking Recommendations for LED Downlighting (Gen Illuminatio

CREE.

You can go with either the LR6 or CR6 for 6" cans.

David

o

Renaissance Lighting has the best combination of features and performance, including dimming, of any fixture I've seen. This is a premium product and priced accordingly. The optics are intended to cut off the beam for low glare and to direct the light.

Also look at the new Juno Aculux as they now have LED. LED will be coming to Cooper IRIS soon too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Renaissance

o

I second the CREE recommendation. Best diodes with the best price.
If you want something high end, Tech Lighting's Element LED is a very slick system priced lower than comparable products.

Here is a link that might be useful: Element Recessed Lights

o

I know this is an oldie but we are doing a kitchen remodel and need answers to this same question. I guess things have changed in 2 years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here