Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with placement and type recessed lights Gameroom

Posted by roman7 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 14, 09 at 2:47

gameroom design

This is a layout of my planned gameroom. I am planning on placing six recessed low voltage halogen MR16's or 6" in-line halogens on either side of the pool table on a dimmer. Which would be better? I am also planning on placing 2 or 3 of the same lights above the table on a seperate switch. Will this be adequate lighting for the size of this room? Would a standard pool table fixture be better suited above the table?

Also, what type of bulb would be best for above the pool table?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with placement and type recessed lights Gameroom

I have read on another post that 75par30 soft Par lamps are better suited for general lighting. Would these be better for the six surrounding lights, and MR16's for the pool table lights?

o
RE: Help with placement and type recessed lights Gameroom

Using frosted par 30 lamps is an excellent way to receive maximum light with little or no glare. Use them recessed inside a good baffle or cone trim. Your lighting plan sounds fine and the use of recessed or a billiard light will both work. If you use mr16's over the table, be sure they are floods and not spots. A billiard light will add a decorative elemant to the room. If you use the recessed lights down both sides of the room, you can use a sold shade on your billiard light.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here