Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tweaking placement of recessed LED lights - please help! [pics]

Posted by aussies (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 23:35

So it looks like we will be going with the Cree LR6 recessed lights (shown as purple dots on diagrams below). In addition, we will have undercabinet lighting and two pendant lights (shown as yellow dots). (There will probably be a header dividing the kitchen from the adjacent dining area, so that's why the pendant lights are slightly over on the kitchen sink side rather than being centered).

I just have a couple of placement details that I'm hoping to get some advice on. Scale: 1 square = 1 foot.

Here is Version 1 ...

LEDs v1

The only thing is that lights #2,3,4 don't line up over the cabinetry and range - does this matter?

Here's an elevation pic to show what I mean ...

Elevation 1 -

Elevation v1

So in version 2 below, these 3 cans are more lined up with the cabinets. But then I'm worried that I will end up with dark shadows on the floor in front of the sink, and doubling up of light on the countertop (from the pendants).

Version 2 Elevation

Elevation v2

Version 2 plan -

LEDs v2

So to me the overhead on version 1 seems better, but the elevation of version 2 seems better. Which is more important?

Meanwhile on the other side of the room, I can either place cans #6 & 7 as in the first two versions, with can 7 on the corner. Or I can move them like this ...

Can 7 -

LEDs v3

I could potentially also add an 8th can at the entryway, but not sure if this is nescessary ...

Can 8 -

LEDs v4

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We're really hoping to get this finalized asap ...

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tweaking placement of recessed LED lights - please help! [pic

which dimmer are you using?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here