Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cree CR6 TrueWhite Cans - 2700k vs 3000k

Posted by Individual_Dude (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 19, 13 at 23:19

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the TrueWhite CR6, either 2700k and/or 3000k. We're getting white glazed cabinets and I don't want the light to yellow them too much, but I still want warmth (I know, asking for everything!).

Thing is, I just went to the light lab at a local store and the 3000k vs 2700k LEDs was kind of startling. 2700 was much more yellow, and I didn't think 300 was enough to make that much difference. Granted, I didn't make sure the 2700k Cree was the TrueWhite version, not the FD, and the 3000k LED they had was a Solara.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cree CR6 TrueWhite Cans - 2700k vs 3000k

I have experience with other brands' 2700k and 3000k lights, as well as experience with 2700k CR6 and CR4. Personally, I'd go with 3000k, hands down. 2700k is just too yellow.

Just because incandescents are 2700k doesn't mean that that is something you should stick with. Keep in mind that 3000k isn't that different from 2700k -- I'd say its similar to going to a slightly white halogen from a conventional non-halogen incandescent.

o
RE: Cree CR6 TrueWhite Cans - 2700k vs 3000k

I went with 2700k because, at the time, 2700k was what was available
at a reasonable cost. The Sylvania 3000k had a turn-on delay,
and cost quite a bit more (and I have 47 recessed LEDs so far).

If price/delay/dimming were competitive, I would go with either
3000 or 3500. I'm not dissatisfied in any way with the 2700, I
just think that slightly whiter looks better, as long as all rooms
match (no harsh change from one color temperature to another).

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here