Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pendant light just fell off

Posted by wangshan (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 22:49

I just had a pendant light that has been hanging in my kitchen for a few years now come apart at one of the seams and fall to the floor. I emailed a company that I found who sells them,but haven't heard back. I bought them at the Home Depot Expo store here, but they have since closed. I have 5 others, exactly like this one , and am not sure what i should do. Anybody have an idea?

Here is a link that might be useful: it's this one

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pendant light just fell off

"hanging in my kitchen for a few years now "

Probbaly Chinese made stained glass.

You might try seeing if there is a stained glass shop nearby to look over the others and check for any cracks in seams.

It looks like copper foil work.

Copper foil (AKA 'Tiffany style) sticks to the edges of the glass pieces, and then the foil is soldered together.

It has strength limits, and all the small work in the middle of the large side makes a weak spot.

It is not as strong as lead came stained glass.

If there are not any wires soldered on the inside of the glass work they should be added.
If they follow the existing seams they will not show (throw a shadow) but can strengthen the glass significantly.

o

Yes I have a total of 6 in my kitchen. I figured the joints were too weak for the weight of the glass. There is a shop nearby, I'm sure he an fix it.
Here's a pic of the one that fell

o

I'm not sure that they were specifically meant to hang in a kitchen, but they are. also they aren't really near any heat, actually the one that fell is opposite the stove. I don't have a pic with all six , but here is half on my cieling.

o

Have you spoken with HD? They may stand behind the Expo merchandise.

o

No ,Chibimimi. That's a good idea, tho. I will. I'll let you know what they say.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here