Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irishlaw1

Bought Juno Trac 12; Have 120V direct wire--now what?

irishlaw1
11 years ago

We are at the tail end of our kitchen reno. The electrician wired for UCLs and told us to "buy what we want". For a variety of reasons, i bought the Juno Trac 12 system. Electrican came today to finish everything up and explained that he direct wired for 120V UCLs. (I guess I should have asked more questions, or educated myself...but... here we are). I looked at my receipt and it said non-returnable/25% restocking fee...So my husband went t return them and the people at the lighting store scoffed, saying it would be simple to switch out the 120V for the low volt with transformer. Electrican says he "can" do it, but may make a mess of our cabinets. One final issue: we have a "fire stop" all around the kitchen -- and that is the issue the electrican points to as stopping him from wiring. Our basement is below the kitchen and is open.

Does anyone here have any practical advice, or an opinion on what I should do? I am obviously a rookie at this, and I am (not as obviously) very very sick of thinking about it. Advice?

Comments (2)