Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Screwing a pendant into a standard ceramic fixture

Posted by listener (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 17, 10 at 18:10

I'm buildin g a new house and have a limited budget, so we're phasing in fixtures as we can. Obviously the most affordable option to begin with is standard porcelain fixtures over the junction boxes.

We're fine using spherical paper lanterns for most of our area ceiling lights, like over the dining room table, in the bathroom, and in the stair landing. How would we hang a light for these lanterns that screws into a ceramic light fixture? I can only find cords that plug into wall outlets.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Screwing a pendant into a standard ceramic fixture

I don't really understand.

Hanging lights typically come with a bar that is screwed in place at the junction box on the ceiling. That transfers the weight of the fixture to the junction box which must be secured to the ceiling joists. The wires are typically connected using wire nuts to the appropriate wires in the romex wire.

The edition base / screw in base is not intended to hold much weight

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here