Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Exterior Flood Light Size question/help

Posted by MikeBoston73 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 17:38

Hi,

I recently tried to replace the exterior floods on my new house with LED bulbs. When I went to screw them in, the diameter of the base was correct but the bulb was not long enough to screw tightly into the socket and complete the circuit. I had no idea that I had to worry about the length of the bulb. Is there a way I can find out exactly what I need to buy? I can only find the LED bulbs online and would hate to have them sent to me only to have to mail them back again. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Exterior Flood Light Size question/help

Home Depot, Lowes and most any big lighting store should have plenty of them.

o
RE: Exterior Flood Light Size question/help

The light fixture would usually state the type of bulb such as PAR30 or PAR38 long neck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here