Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mr16 slot aperture trim spacing

Posted by phatham (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 18, 11 at 15:56

I have about a 7 ft section of blank wall in my hallway. I'm planning on putting a piece of art that is maybe 5'wide by 2' high on this wall. I'd like to light it up with recessed ceiling cans. From what I've read low voltage mr16s are probably the best for this. The hallway is 65" wide and ceiling height is 7'6". Will a slot aperture trim work for this application? If so, how many cans will I need to evenly light up the 5' wide piece of art? And how far from the wall should the cans be? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mr16 slot aperture trim spacing

2 should do, and get a 60 degree mr-16 bulb. The trim should be of a gimble ring type. http://elcolighting.com/categories/4-low-voltage-incandescent-recessed-lighting
Go though here to see what trim you like best.

o
RE: mr16 slot aperture trim spacing

Why a gimbal ring instead of slot aperture? Will a slot aperture cut off the horizontal beam?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here